The B.S.K.B. Association is one of the oldest social organizations registered under the Public Trust in Mumbai and was started 85 years ago with a sole objective to serve the society in all possible ways. Situated at plot no. 273, Gokul, Gokul Marg, Sion(E), Mumbai, this organization has now blossomed into one of the most coveted, prestigious Social and Cultural Organization in Mumbai, also called Gokul.
It was during the Platinum Jubilee Year of ‘Gokul’ that we decided to celebrate the event in a different way, the benefits and fruits of which could pass on for many generations to come. Realizing that service to humanity is the service to the Lord of Lords, we decided to set up “A Home for the Senior Citizen”, where our elders could live their twilight years with comfort and dignity.
Looking at our impressive track record and strong fundamentals, CIDCO allotted the land, ad-measuring 1825 sq.mts. in Nerul(E), Plot No. 92, Sector 19, Navi Mumbai. The land is strategically located with close proximity to both, the Sea-Wood and Nerul Railway Stations, with a 40 ft. double road in front, a mall on one side and a huge park behind, which could benefit the residents for their daily walk.
The project had been entrusted to M/s Techno Arch Consultants as the architects and engineers and the construction had been awarded to Sabve Rohini Constructions Pvt. Ltd. Both have executed several prestigious projects in Mumbai. The cost of the project was Rs 8.65 crores. The work was completed in record time. This Home was named “ASHRAYA”.
The following are the salient features of the ‘Home for Senior Citizens’.
- A Home for the Senior Citizen – open to all, at subsidized rates. We have 26 well planned self – contained rooms to house 40 residents.
- For the benefit of the residents, the ground floor has a provision for banking facilities with a strong room in the basement.
- A well equipped Medical Center, to facilitate the health-care of our residents. There is a Doctor attending daily and a specialist on call, all 24 Hrs. We have an arrangement with a Hospital at CBD.
- A community hall for holding various social, cultural and religious activities.
- A well-stocked library with computers and internet facilities.
- A Meditation Center, where Yoga and discourses can be held.
- A self-contained kitchen with a common dinning hall.
- A well-equipped Gym and a Recreational Center.
- A prayer hall with a temple.
- State of art elevators.
- Non – skid flooring.
- Specially designed spacious toilets with grab-bars and ramps to facilitate easy flow of wheel chairs.
- Hot and cold Mixer Units all 24 Hrs from Solar Heaters.
- T.V.,telephone, CCTV and intercom connections.
- Washing Machine with Dryer
- Hygienic Vegetarian food and special diet food compliments
- Generator back-up during electricity load shedding at Navi Munbai.
- A roof terrace that can be reached through elevator for Morning and Evening relaxation and walks for the residents.
Like all good ideas, the thought behind this project is profound yet simple. Senior Citizens need independence, security, serenity and dignity to lead a calm and peaceful life. The main objective of ours is to create a stress-free environment for them, by taking care of their every single need, whether it is making available a doctor on call or providing special diet food in the canteen, thus making “Living With Dignity” possible.
It is the endeavor of all the members of Gokul to make this world a better place to live in. ‘Ill fares the land where wealth accumulates and men decay’. It is only when we learn to share and care does life become more meaningful to the society, community and nation at large.
We are aware that many a times a warm, caring hug is more beneficial than a bucketful of medicines. Our ultimate goal is to see that every person staying here feels more wanted and enjoys every moment in this second home.
We, as members, have done our best to garner funds from our own resources and from generous donors from various walks of life. It is our desire to make
- this Home self-sufficient and self-reliant. This project requires huge funds in order to make it one of the best Homes in Mumbai. We have been adding value to this project so that the benefit can be passed on to the Senior Citizen who will be using the facilities in this Home. Ashraya needs to expand now to cater to
- more senior citizens.