The Bombay South Kanara Brahmins Association is a 90 years old institution, popularly known as ‘GOKUL’. Over the years, its membership has grown exponentially to over 4000 life members. Today Gokul has become an Icon by virtue of it being one of the prestigious & progressive cultural and social organizations of Mumbai. The association has had an enviable track record of being an organizationally and a financially well-managed institution. The youth and lady members of the association are also keenly involved in the numerous activities through the ‘Youth Wing’ and ‘Ladies Wing’ arms of the association. Over the years the association has been successfully carrying out many activities as enumerated below:-
- Holding cultural, social and sports events throughout the year with participation from all the age groups thereby fostering a sense of pride in the glorious and traditional heritage of the community.
- Providing financial aid and Merit scholarship to the needy and deserving students to encourage higher education.
- Awarding prizes to the meritorious students.
- Conducting youth related events like ‘Youphoria’ – an inter-school competition, to encourage talent in the creative field.
- Conducting, periodically, blood donation camps, summer camps for children, computer classes and drama workshop.
- Conducting medical check-up camps and offering free and subsidized medical aid.
- Conducting various functions and workshops for Ladies, every month. This includes classes in flower making, cooking, mudra demonstration and bhajan singing.
- Facilitating the use of a well-stocked library of books in Kannada, English, Hindi and Sanskrit languages.
B.S.K.B. Association is now embarking on a major initiative to make Gokul future ready. Gokul projects vision 2020 as envisaged by the President Dr. Suresh Rao and his team of dedicated office bearers of the B.S.K.B. Association aims at completing four projects in the next five years. The Gokul Re-development is one of the major projects.
The second one relates to needs of the B.S.K.B.A’s Senior Citizen’s home Ashraya. Due to popular demand, our Senior Citizens Home at Nerul, is in need of additional floor space, thanks to the long list of Senior Citizens who wish to avail of the excellent care and services being offered at Ashraya, BSKBAB.S.K.B. Association has decided to add an additional floor to the existing complex at Nerul. The project of ASHRAYA is a project expected to be completed by 2020.
The third initiative is Gokul’s VIDYANIDHI initiative which is a program where academically inclined students are offered interest-free loans on qualifying. This is an ongoing initiative and over 15 deserving students have benefited from this so far. The Association is aiming to build a substantial corpus so that no deserving scholar is ever bereft of financial assistance for further studies.
Lastly, Gokul has always had a special place for academics. B.S.K.B. Association plans to launch an educational institution that has one of the finest facilities and can play its role in nation building.
Plot No. 92, Sector 19, Nerul (E), Navi Mumbai – 400706.