The idea of creating a separate Ladies wing was conceived to provide Ladies a platform to get out of the kitchen, display their talents and channelize their organizational skill to serve the community in the areas where they excel.
The ladies wing was formed on 13th Jan 1977.
Various activities conducted by the Ladies wing are :
- Mega shows / annual day.
- Preparation of Masala powder and chutney powder.
- Preparing & distribution of Pickles (Uppinakai) during the mango season.
- Preparing & distribution of Deepavali sweets.
- Haldi Kumkum programme on Makar sankranti.
- Organizing & Participating in various competitions for ladies
- Staging drama / yakshagana in Gokul and outside.
- Organizing and participating in Bhajan programmes
- Organising various programmes during Tulasi Pooja.
Ladies wing conducts informative sessions every month for the benefit of our members on various topics like yoga , mudra vigyan , Feng shui, beauty themes, jewelries, cookery, flower designing , health care, handicraft, chocolate making, baking , etc;
On the food front, under the auspices of the Ladies Wing, B.S.K.B. A makes and sells masala and sambar powder on a regular basis; pickles (uppinakai) during the April month and various sweets during the Deepavali festival. The increasing demand for all these items, year after year, reflects upon the good quality of these preparations
Ladies Wing has been actively participating in various competitions and has won many prizes both at an individual as well as group level.
The talent and expertise of some of our members in drama, Yakshagana, and singing is well recognized and appreciated by various Sanghas in Mumbai and often they are called to judge various events.